Garrick Higgo Parts Ways With Caddie After PGA Championship Punctuality Penalty
Garrick Higgo and his caddie have reportedly separated following the South African golfer's two-stroke penalty for lateness at last week's PGA Championship.

Garrick Higgo reportedly has split with his caddie, a move that came after the South African was penalized two shots for being late to his opening-round tee time at the PGA Championship last week.
Golfweek , citing Higgo's agent, reported on Monday that Austin Gaugert is no longer on the bag of Higgo, who instead will use Nick Cavendish-Pell at this week's CJ Cup Byron Nelson.
Higgo's tardiness on Thursday at the PGA became a much-talked-about storyline at the season's second major championship.
He was scheduled to tee off on No. 1 at Aronimink Golf Club at 7:18 a.m. ET, but was one minute late, video on the ESPN broadcast showed. As a result, he was penalized two shots on his opening hole, ultimately taking what would have been a 3-under 67 - and a share of the first-round lead - to a 69.
Higgo said after the round that Gaugert was screaming at him to get to the tee box. The PGA of America said the 27-year-old was practicing on the putting green but was not within the area defined as the starting point of his tee time. The rules state a golfer must be on the tee box and ready to play at the assigned time.
"If you know me, then you know I am very casual and laid back," Higgo said. "I don't know. I don't want to be there 10 minutes early. I know that five minutes is fine. I thought I had time. I was obviously too casual, yeah."
The penalty ended up being extra costly for Higgo the following day, as he missed the cut by one shot.
_Originally reported by [ESPN](https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/48810250/report-garrick-higgo-splits-caddie-pga-mistake)._
Comments
Loading comments…
