OriginalTickets logo
Music

Tom Hardy Reportedly Fired From 'MobLand' After Season Two Production Ends

Tom Hardy has reportedly been fired from 'MobLand' following the completion of its second season. The actor allegedly had clashes with producers during filming.

·May 23, 2026·via NME
Tom Hardy Reportedly Fired From 'MobLand' After Season Two Production Ends

Tom Hardy has reportedly been axed from MobLand .

- READ MORE: ‘MobLand’ review: Guy Ritchie goes lock stock for his own dated schtick

The  Paramount+ show stars Hardy as Harry, a fixer for the Harrigan crime family, led by husband and wife duo Conrad ( Pierce Brosnan ) and Maeve ( Helen Mirren ).  Guy Ritchie executive-produced the show and directed the first three episodes, which have been a big hit for the streamer.

Now that its second season has wrapped production, it’s been reported that Hardy has not been invited back for season three. Per Variety , Hardy had clashed with producers Jez Butterworth and David Glasser, among others, leading to his departure from the show.

The actor was reportedly regularly late to set and “constantly asked to give notes on scripts,” while allegedly also being displeased with the increased focus on his co-stars, per Puck News .

Neither Paramount+ nor Hardy have commented publicly on the news.

Hardy has previously made headlines for his on-set feud with Charlize Theron  during the filming of  Mad Max: Fury Road .

Both actors have since taken responsibility for their feud, saying the film’s gruelling schedule plus a lack of trust in each other contributed to the fallout.

As for MobLand , Deadline have reported that the show attracted 26 million views over the first 70 days following its March 30 2025 release, making it the second biggest launch for a Paramount Original series, behind drama Landman.

Last year, MobLand star Brosnan talked about how Ritchie wanted him to lean into his Irish accent for the part.  “Guy just said, ‘Go mad. Got it?’ That was it,” he said. “And we took off from there, and everyone jumped in”.

NME gave the first season a three star review , which read: “Tom Hardy, both endearing and menacing, is easily the best thing in the show but Boon also deserves props for bringing the same bug-eyed intensity he cultivated in Danny Boyle ’s  Sex Pistols  biopic  Pistol  to  MobLand.

“However, for all the laugh-out-loud moments and intriguing plot lines, it’s hard to believe Guy Ritchie is still rolling out the same old schtick. It’s as well made a version of this show as you could expect but it’s nothing to get excited about. Lock, Stock  feels like a very long time ago indeed.”

The post Tom Hardy reportedly fired from ‘MobLand’ after second season wraps production appeared first on NME .

_Originally reported by [NME](https://www.nme.com/news/tv/tom-hardy-reportedly-fired-from-mobland-after-second-season-wraps-production-3947018?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=tom-hardy-reportedly-fired-from-mobland-after-second-season-wraps-production)._

Source Attribution

This story is summarized from coverage by NME.

Read full story →

Comments

Sign in to join the conversation.

Loading comments…